Well, after some time I am running low on meds. So it is time to set something up. First off I am going to say this is a work in progress. it isn't finished yet. but almost I ebay'd most of my stuff so this is gonna be a pretty ghetto grow. trying to mimic a cheap ass hydro hut I built a 3x 5 box in the corner of my room. I used 1x2 and 2x2 furring strips covered in panda paper. First I made 2 frames for the top and bottom.


I mounted the plate for the garage sale special vent fan I had, then attached plastic fencing for tying up the plants.


Covered them both with panda paper,


then used the 2x2's to connect them with. I covered the back, the two sides and a little bit of both ends with the paper. I added a strip in the middle of the back that I am going to put a strip of Velcro on. Then I will be able to raise my temperature and humidity sensor up as I raise the light

File:wrap1.jpg File:wrap2.jpg File:wrap3.jpg

This is where is stands as of now. I plan on running another sheet the full length of the front with Velcro on the two x2's on the front. At this point I am still working on a way to raise the buckets to drain properly and the intake. Once I figure it out will be up and running in no time.

Finally here is an update.

I used an eighteen gallon Rubbermaid as my reservoir. I use a fill/drain fitting to attach the drain. and use a nipple adapter(not sure what they are called) screwed into the inside of a fill/drain to hook up the pump. Before I would just run the line out of the top. I like this way better. I figure not only does it look cleaner it saves the pump from having to pump up that distance. I have an extra pump in there just circulating the water around.

Ended up using cinder blocks to raise the buckets for drainage. I used half inch tubing for the drain. As well as to feed the quarter inch feed lines. There is only one to each bucket now, but I will be running a second each as soon as I can.

I set up the buckets staggered, I figure I will move the plants around to give the over archivers the room they want.

Other than the fact that the fan is too loud I am very happy with the setup. The fan does do a good job keeping it cool, but gonna swap it out as soon as I can.

I'm gonna have my light and the fan controlled by Growtronix. All I have is a temp, humidity, and relay, but love it. As you can see from the pics I can see what is going on in there at all times. I used some magnetic tape to mount the sensors. That way I can adjust where they are relative to the light.

Here it is up and dry running.

Hopefully, I will grace this room with some lovely ladies.


If this article helped you out in any way please show your support and click an affiliate link to help cover server cost.